Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training
In 2006, Climate Reality Chairman and former U.S. Vice President Al Gore sparked an international conversation on climate with his Academy Award winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Later that year, Climate Reality launched a training initiative to create a global network of concerned citizens working to alert their communities to the reality of climate change. Since 2006, over 4,000 volunteers from 58 countries have been trained.
The Climate Reality Project delivers an intensive three-day training to teach volunteers how to be effective communicators, efficient organizers, and active leaders. They learn the latest climate science and best practices for connecting the dots between the facts about climate change and the daily lives of their audiences, in simple and accessible terms.
One full day at the training is dedicated to learning a current version of the slideshow presentation featured in An Inconvenient Truth from Chairman Al Gore, focusing on talking points and scientific explanations of each climate change topic. Climate Leaders also meet in small-group sessions with seasoned veterans who serve as mentors and provide practical advice on the opportunities and challenges ahead.
Key points about the training:
- Climate Reality Leadership Trainings are completely self-funded by attendees. There is no fee to attend the training, and you will need to pay for your own travel and lodging. During the training, Climate Reality will provide breakfast, lunch, light snacks, and all training materials.
- All trainings are in English. If English is not your primary language, you will be required to do your own personal translation of materials during and after the training.
- Climate Leaders commit to a minimum of ten (10) activities with The Climate Reality Project, including presentations, press and other events within a year after attending a training, and will be required to sign an agreement prior to the training.
- If accepted, you must attend all three (3) days of the training and may be required to participate in other activities prior to your arrival.
- Completing the training means you will be a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps and join our global network of Climate Leaders.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany an accepted applicant who is under the age of 17 and both parties must be accepted in order attend the Climate Reality Leadership Training.
To become a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps, you must apply and be accepted to attend one of our trainings with our Chairman, former U.S. Vice President Al Gore.By law, Climate Reality cannot collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age online. Those who are under 13 years of age who wish to apply for the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training should not submit any personally identifying information about themselves on the application and should have their parent or legal guardian contact our team. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
|Click here to visit the Climate Reality Project homepage|